Are There Any Briners In The House?

I was having small talk with a nurse and she mentioned that she was brining a turkey for TG this year, She said that a brined turkey tastes great. I hope that I agree with her; my turkey always tastes dry.
I did a search and it turns out that you can also brine a pork lion, a chicken, etc…
It turns out that there is dry brining as well. I think that I will try the chicken one.
Any thoughts?

1 Like

I did that a couple times, both times it was very good, but I am not sure it is worth the extra hassle, but were I to cook a larger holiday dinner someday, I’ll probably do it again.

1 Like

I searched a bit and somes guy said that he tried to brine a hamgurger. :rofl:
I think I will try a chicken first, they are on sale next week. :clap:

1 Like

Brining works well, dry brining isn’t so bad. The only downside is refrigerator space. I don’t exactly understand how it manages to seem more crowded though the item is stored in the fridge until you cook it. Somehow it just does.

1 Like

I have a new Home Depot 5 gallon orange bucket and it’s pretty cool in my area this time of year; I am thinking of putty the bird in the bucket out in my garage when I do it. :slightly_smiling_face:

I got a 7 lbs Perdue roaster for $6. Yeah, it was on sale. I will take some pictures while I do it.

1 Like

I did it. It tasted really good, very juicy and a good taste! No pictures yet, I waited too long and I just did it. Like the orange bucket says, ‘Just Do It.’ It was a lot of trouble and calculating the brining, cooking and the eating time takes a little effort. Still, it was very good. :slightly_smiling_face:

The guy who tried to brine a hamburger was using the wet method. LOL

I thought of an experiment that I want to try. Fine chop some onion and pepper, briefly parboil them. Add to lean burger meat with coarse salt and ground pepper and lightly mix. This would be like brining, using the salt inside to retain moisture. At worst the burger would taste like a burger. :grin: