Are these old ladies bigots or am I the racist for pointing that out?

I want a new audience that isn’t so invested in winning the interwebs and more interested in a rational discussion.

Thanks to those that choose to engage.

And btw, the Spanish speakers in this video are not Mexican. This happened in Florida.

1 Like

The do understand that Florida is a Spanish name, and there’s a reason for that, yeah?

1 Like

I think they’re just bigots. I wouldn’t care if those people were speaking Vietnamese, Nigerian, French or Chinese…what’s it to me what people are speaking once I’ve been served?

Agree 100%. As you know, around here, ethnic restaurants are often run and staffed by speakers of that language, and I actually enjoy hearing them speak it. These snowflakes are threatened by what David Brin* calls “otherness”.

* a SciFi author I love, tends to write aliens who actually think in different modes from earthlings as a point of education about otherness.

2 Likes

Exactly! :+1: I don’t feel offended, perturbed or excluded. Life is much too short to drag that much baggage around.

I forgot to add, that when someone calls me a racist for calling out this atrocious behavior they’re projecting their prejudices onto me.

I never understood how that worked.

1 Like

I don’t either. But, you know, in their “wisdom” it’s something or other about me not being honest with myself. Posting the story is Wayciss… :crazy_face:

The irony is sublime.

That’s not a way to talk to tourists! :roll_eyes: