"assault rifles" from someone who knows better than the experts here

People obsess over terminology like literary scholars. I’ve taught college English for almost two years now, and for all the fulminating against the culture of political correctness, I’ve never seen language scrutinized like the language of armaments and gun control. There is a mechanical difference between the M-4 I carried in Afghanistan and a civilian assault rifle, but given the way we trained and shot (using semiautomatic mode), there is almost no distinction.

2 Likes

Yeah, well fuck, we should change the 2nd cause for what some witless fool fucking private sez

He really don’t know what the fuck he is fighting for

FUCKING ASSHOLE

2 Likes

Tell me Duke, how is restricting what firearms you can own an infringement on your 2nd amendment rights?

You already accept restrictions without much complaint because there are all sorts of guns you can’t own. What’s the problem?

What can’t I own? Slippery slope - look it up

I can prob own anything if I go thru the paperwork

rejected

I reject yer rejection

The little prick mother fucker should move to fucking Beijing

1 Like

If the druglords in Rio’s slums can own them, why can’t I?

But seriously, I agree. Too bad it won’t make a difference.

Allowing weapons kill many

Forbidding them kills 3x more if the place is riddled with types like the ones that abound Brazil.

Can you own automatic weapons? Machine guns? Grenade launchers? I mean not antiques and such.

1 Like

Can prob own auto weapons built before a certain year (1986 maybe) if you go thru paperwork - it’s on the net

not grenade launchers of course

The article is well written. But I note that even so, he blurs the distinction between his M4 and a civilian AR-15 by calling them both assault rifles (which one is not, strictly speaking.)

His larger point, with which I agree, is that neither one is appropriate as a sporting or hunting weapon, and neither is a good choice for personal defense either.

His more subtle point, with which I agree and by which I’ll be bedeviled for at least the rest of this day, is the quasi-flashback he describes…with its body reflexes and its “rules of engagement” variables. It’s one reason why I never carry any more.

Corporate greed?[quote=“Bigdukesix, post:2, topic:14873, full:true”]
Yeah, well fuck, we should change the 2nd cause for what some witless fool fucking private sez

He really don’t know what the fuck he is fighting for

FUCKING ASSHOLE
[/quote]

3 Likes

This minor (Inmho) distinction is a source epic gravity to the gun fondlers on FB some gun control person refers to the “assault” rifles used in Orlando or Sandy Hook or Aurora or where ever and you get a pack of howling jackals screaming

#It’s not an assault rifle, get a brane morans!

Seriously what fuck ever, if it looks like a duck if it walks like a duck…blah blah blah

1 Like

What happens when a Reporter fires a weapon for the first time?

Ive fired same make & model auto & semi-auto numerous times and there is a significant difference… to me anyway.

If the naming is immaterial post you guys getting your asses handed to you, then why not just call it what it is rather than the name that will evoke the most horror? You don’t want to be like one of those liars that refers to a zygote as a baby, do you?

Does a bullet fired from one technical classification of gun have a different effect than out of the other?

Of course, much like a note played on a Telecaster has a different effect than one played on a Steinway. They are not the same.

PS: Good lord, Apey - not even noon where you are and already you are snockered.

When asshole anti-gunners are bent over a log getting it up the ass does one cock have a different effect from the other if they are the same size?

1 Like

So a 5.56 will rip through your heart differently if is fired from a single shot rifle than if it had been fired out of an automatic rifle, I did not know this.

PS, It’s five of the clock somewhere my Amigo.

A .22 pistol will not do so at 1000 yds as a snipers rifle will.
Pour yourself another and listen to some Holiday. Forget about poasting for a while.