Big Tomatoes

I think these are supposed to be Cherokee Purple tomato plants, but I’m not seeing much of a purple tint yet like the ones I’ve had in the past. I think they could be mortgage lifters. They’re huge fused tomatoes, multiple tomatoes in one. Kind of gnarly but you can cut around the bad spots. My girlfriend’s wine cooler for size comparison.

1 Like

Damn those are nice. Remind me of those big Beefsteak tomatoes we used to grow back in Mich

1 Like

I have a bunch of huge fused ones like that on a couple plants. Really I prefer the regular sized tomato without all the gnarlyness.

1 Like

Those are gorgeous tomatoes. I cooked a dish with some Cherokees this weekend…it was fantastic. They taste great.

I do too. Gimme a nice baseball sized tomato at the BIGGEST.

We just had the one in back tonight with dinner and it was great. The two in front were bigger than softballs. I’ve got this hillbilly on YouTube telling me that I’m totally ruining them by picking them partially ripe. That I might as well quote “be eating the seeds.” LOL

These were good sized tomatoes, probably 1.5lbs each. A Black Krim (edit: I think this was a Cherokee Purple) and a Mortgage Lifter, just gave them to one of our neighbors.

1 Like

I like to eat a nice juicy tomato.

Why are men these days obsessed with big tomatoes. If you look at the Victorian and Edwardian nudes they are very tasteful and normal breasted. When did men become such momma’s boys.

Those are great looking tomatoes.

I put the gnarly spots in the back for the pic but if you cut off the gnarly spots they’re still great huge tomatoes and great tasting too. What I want to do is create demand for the heirloom varieties and then sell them like hotcakes every year. :slight_smile:

I’m going to take a few to a local bar and grill that we know the manager of sometime soon and let them try them. I have a few options I can probably do with them.

1. Set up a stand out in their parking lot which is on a very busy street. (I probably don’t want to do this, sitting in a parking lot all day isn’t my style, might be ok though if they went really quick.)
  2. Let them sell them at the bar.
  3. Sell them to them to serve on their sandwiches etc.