California has lifted its restrictions

No more social distancing, no more reduced capacity at businesses.

Vaccinated people can go about without masks, unvaccinated must still wear masks. How is anyone gonna be able to know? :roll_eyes: Businesses can ask for proof, I suspect this will cause some commotion.

I’m still wearing mine, I see my 90-yr-old FIL often and he is at risk. If anyone tells me to take my mask off they are gonna see my finger.

2 Likes

I am still wearing my mask when I go to the shoppers, because there’s usually some of those disease ridden out of Staters from WA, ID and CA inside.

2 Likes

Chinese New Year, here I come.

That’s already happened this year. I would suspect you would be jonesing for Fleet Week.

1 Like

Sounds about Nazi

On a serious note, it’s about the same in WA. I wear my mask, as I’m still unvaccinated.

You do know that the Bill Gates microchip won’t kick in until you reboot yourself.

2 Likes

I was, but no ship tours nor cable cars this year.

Next Jan/feb, oh yeah. Beat that Midwest winter.

1 Like

Here too. The state is at Level 5, the lowest level of covid protocols, and around here they’ve been "WTF is Covid"ing for a few weeks already. But one still sees a few like me wearing masks in “stupid places not to be masked” and nobody gives me shit as long as I don’t give them any.

But this is a blue county. I could drive thirty miles in any direction and might attract negative attention walking around with a mask on.

Not sure about relevance, I’m pro vaxx.

I’m also thinking, hmmm, a business is allowed to ask for verification, isn’t that a HIPAA violation. You want to allow from capacity, fine, but if you’re still gonna require masks for some, just require it for all. Unmask with other vaxxed folks in private. We started our monthly poker game again last week, we had all gotten our shots, and still discussed it before agreeing to let them down. Even the conservatives in this gang are of the reasonable type.

So Boro, why the delay? Just asking, not judging, to be straightforward.

1 Like

I’m in a limbo of deployment right now. If I don’t have the second shot by the time I leave, it’ll be a 2 week delay, or I get fully vaccinated at my destination. I already have had COVID and it amounted to low breath and other mild flu like symptoms. I have tried while on drill status with the Guard, but they require 10 people to be present to open a vial so it’s not wasted. Nobody shows up except 2 or 3. It’s not required because it’s still not FDA approved, experimental drugs cannot be required.

It’s just not an urgent deal in my mind, when it happens… it happens.

2 Likes

Any word on a call back from yer Boeings?

Military leave, never laid off

1 Like