Chris Rock v Will Smith at the Oscars

So Chris makes a bald joke about Jada Pinkett, Will goes up on stage and smacks him upside the head.

Scott Fitzgerald, sometime in the early thirties: “Those people, Ernest, are different than you and me.”

Hemingway: “Yes, they have more money.”

Will then won best actor for that Williams Sisters movie, and gave a tearful apology.

Usually I don’t like dramas, buy tonight I wish I hadn’t given up popcorn.

(even tho I wasn’t watching, just reading the results, YOU watch the Oscars!)

Uncensored

It was a shitty extravaganza of money and bad taste that’s been looking for an exit line for quite some time. But I’ll give due credit to Potty Mouf Guy and Welcome to Earth, Motherfucker Guy for driving the whole shebang off the cliff.

And when the racists get hold of it, I’ll not say shit. But Jeez, Louise.

What does Chris Rock have on his face right now?

Fresh prints.

1 Like

1 Like

1 Like

1 Like

I’ve thought about the Littlefeather event, actually. The parallels are weakish because it was a Brando stunt and he didn’t care what any of those people thought about it. There was enough security and focus there to keep John Wayne from making an ass of himself as well.

I think it’s hard to escape the fact that the Oscars are still done against a background of White Privilege and there will be all of THOSE nuances to sort out in the coming days.

MEANWHILE, THE GINNY THOMAS STORY IS OFF THE FRONT PAGE, FOLKS.

2 Likes

Didn’t they just send her a soup eenah, like yesterday?

The Jan 6 committee did, I think, but it seems like everyone just wipes their ass with those.

2 Likes

1 Like

1 Like

1 Like

lol I saw The Rock one yesterday, funniest one yet… hahaha

2 Likes

There are scads of video mashups popping up on YT, seems Will Smith has had many many previous bouts of cursing out his fellow a listers.

to wit