Debt ceiling

Why didn’t the GOP care about deficits when Trumpturds were running DC?

1 Like

Because, to paraphrase Dick Cheney, Reagan proved deficits don’t matter (unless a Democrat is president)

4 Likes

I agree, both parties believe that deficits don’t matter. So the playacting we see out of the GOP is utter and complete bullshit.

What they want to do is to completely dismantle the social safety net for Americans. But, some, even on the left, would argue that the Democrats are worse.

The same people on the left that want universal health care, free public education, etc. They think the Democrats are worse. Just how far up their rectums are their heads?

It simply makes no sense whatsoever. How can the people that want to strip seniors of social security and medicare be less bad?!

2 Likes

I’m doing the math for SS benefits based on $60,000 per year for 40 years ($7,440 paid between employee + matched by employer) and that totals $297,600.

Retire at age 62 and that monthly benefit is $2,151. Which means that if you collect until the life expectancy of 76.4 years, you will have collected $362,376.

I could be way off… but based on the foregoing, it looks like we are paid more than we pay in from the basic math I did on what I could find available online.

Perhaps this is part of the problem. They should have invested this money when they started it. SMH.

Yes, we do get more than we pay in. That is clearly the problem. When it was launched the average life expectancy was 65. But we live a lot longer I think the average life expectancy is probably 76 or 77 (it went down after Covid).

1 Like

Did you account for interest?

No… and I should mention that there are cost of living increases.

1 Like

2 Likes

We’re pro-life but want to kick the needy and elderly off of the social safety nets.

1 Like

We want to transfer $Billions in wealth up to the 1%,like we did in 08!

1 Like

Billionaires deserve assistance. Old people, well just fuck 'em. I mean after Covid, who can doubt the disregard of the elderly?

1 Like