Dog ain't right

All of a sudden starting a couple days ago… he didn’t want to go outside in the morning, usually he’s raring to go at 7am or so… stayed in his kennel/bed until like 10:30am… acted like he might have been in a little pain, yipping for no apparent reason occasionally, weird look in his eyes/face. We pretty much left him alone that night and were going to take him to the vet yesterday but he seemed a bit better…

But we noticed he’s acting like he’s scared of both of us or like he did something bad and is ashamed. Like when I call for him he’s doing a real slow perp walk like he did something really bad… Same with my girlfriend, he was excited when she just got home but he wouldn’t come see her, when she called for him he went back to his kennel like he was in trouble for something.

Usually when he has pissed on the kitchen floor which he does from time to time, my gf or I will say “Come here” and then verbally scold him… “Bad dog.” And instead of coming to you he’ll usually just go to his kennel, cause he knows he pissed on the floor and that’s what it’s about… He’s acting kind of the same way but I have no clue as to why.

Maybe he killed something in the backyard?

1 Like

Yeah like just now, I let him in from outside, dried him off… we played a little like he likes to do,he ran around all crazy like he does, he seems pretty normal, but when I just called for him after sitting down he ran to his kennel… wtf?

Better then the other day thou - right

I only ever had cats - so I dunno

Maybe the dog folks can help

1 Like

I need one of those doggy psychologists…

I think the cat guy is 90 bucks fer 15 minutes on the phone

shit I’m in the wrong business

I just looked - he stopped doing it cause he has not met the cat

Due to a demanding schedule and the high volume of requests he receives, Jackson regrets that he cannot answer cat questions personally. Since he has not met your cat, it would be irresponsible for him to give specific personalized advice on your specific situation.

I was thinking what the fuck is different, what changed, then it occurred to me just a few minutes ago… we opened a new bag of dog food for him right before he started acting weird. So I put his food bowl up and I’m putting him on brown rice, chicken and some egg, for the week… I’m guessing this is likely the problem. Fuckers.

https://www.chewy.com/taste-wild-high-prairie-grain-free/dp/34246

So is the taste of Wolves or Bison, the package isn’t very clear?

1 Like

But I have heard switching food can someitmes do weird stuff to dogs, usually indigestion or the runs for a couple days, I’ve heard you’re supposed to transition them to a new food, ie mix the old with the new for a couple days.

He has been on this same food for awhile with no problems, we just opened a fresh bag of it though like the day before he started acting weird.

There is a dog food recall site. If there is a problem, and it has been found, then you can find it here.

He also might be in pain. Has his teeth been checked recently?

1 Like

Have his teeth been checked recently.

I only mention it due to your earlier claim that you know proper English.

Jesus wept.

Another minion enamoured with my presence.

Cupcake, I’m not interested. Sorry. I’m flattered, but spoken for.

^^^^ If that bullshit isn’t straight out of Reggie’s playbook, then I’m not LotusBud.

Yeah. You just officially terminated my interest in being on this forum. You’re an asshole.

Bye.

Well, that was easier than expected.

Who’s Reggie?

His teeth have been checked in the past month when he got his shots. They said there was a little bit of build up on them but nothing to be concerned about.

I’m pretty sure it’s the food, he hasn’t eaten any of it today and he’s getting back to his old self. I made him up a container of chicken, egg and brown rice to feed him.

Good to hear. Its discomforting when your pooch acts out of character and you don’t know what’s bugging him or her.

What kind of dog?

He’s a maltese-miniature pinscher mix. LIttle dog that thinks he’s a big dog.

1 Like