Flat tire today

So I went to go get that bass today, had a friend of mine driving me to go get it since my new license is currently being processed/mailed… I offered to take my car and he’s like nah I don’t like driving other people’s vehicles… I’m like ok man… as we were headed out of town I noticed his car had a lot of vibration and shit… I’m like is it going to be ok, sounds pretty shitty! Oh it’ll be fine… So we get about 40 minutes away and bam, his front tire blows out right on the outskirts of some one horse town…

Of course he doesn’t have a spare, or any type of AAA or anything like that, then he calls to check his balance and he’s overdrawn… So I got like $160 in my pocket, a tow truck to tow him to a place in town was $50 and they didn’t have a tire… To tow him to the next town that had a tire was $150 which would lave us with no $ for a fucking tire. Tried calling a couple other people, everyone’s at work of course…

It was supposed to be 60 degrees out today but turned out to be more like 45 or 50 and windy and rainy… aka cold as fuck… Eventually got a hold of my gf and she rescued us after about 3 hours on the side of the damn road… So she took us to the next town, got him a tire, oh and had to jump his car too, hazards ran the battery down… a fucking 2 hour tour turned into 6 hours of hell… I’m never leaving the house again.

7 Likes

Who the fuck don’t have a spare and a jack and an impact tool to take off stuck nuts and two good lights in case it’s dark

WTF?

`Srsly

https://www.amazon.com/Lisle-29200-Hand-Impact-Tool/dp/B0002NYDRG

I don’t go around the fucking block with out these things

3 Likes

Actually I don’t take the impact tool since I changed mechanics cause the one I went to fer 20 fucking years put a tire on that I could not get off with a real air impact wrench with 110 pounds of air on it - yer not supposed to go over 90.

So I changed mechanics and told the second one if he ever did that he would need an asbestos fucking suit so he does it perfect cause I always check

1 Like

Well obviously he doesn’t… I have a spare and a jack but I haven’t checked it in ages… probably flat… but yeah, I bought myself a 2 ton floor jack to throw in my car while we were at Wally World getting him a new tire… $25…

“It’s not just a Life, it’s an adventure!”

This leaving the house thing - never get out of the boat or leave the house

Luckily I been to a lot of places and some long vacations to pretty parts

So it ain’t like I never been anywhere

Now I dread leaving the house

It’s like going out into fucking Mordor

2 Likes

I already been around most of the planet, I’ve seen enough!

2 Likes

Got a flat on my new 97 Cherokee the other day, spare ended up being flat so I rode the spare total he nearest Les Schwab who needed up just putting air in the spare. Ordered 4 30x9.5x15 tires online and good to go a week later.

Then the cooling system blew but that’s another story.

yeah you’re going to have constant problems with one of those POS…

At least the cop that showed up 2 hours into it didn’t make us lay face down in the wet grass… -----white privilege

3 Likes

People who are too poor even for that stuff. It happens, you know.

In California, at least, it’s not the end of the world if you get stopped with a license that just recently expired. They won’t ticket you – just give you a fixit. Unless you have outstanding traffic shit going on.

Same here. Most of the tickets are all fix it BS, minus the obvious speeding etc… which I have a lawyer on speed dial for LOL

1 Like

What the fuckity fuck!!!

Everything I seem to see in my real life keeps getting mentioned. Like I was watching Lord of the Rings and now you’re talking about it. This has been happening all week!

Arg!!!

Hmmm and you burnt toast too - right?

Some day you will look back at this experience and have a good laugh.:laughing:

I poasted on CBT this week. That’d be surreal if you did too, eh?

2 Likes

I’ll bet you even turned on the TV today and the broadcaster said “Good morning Canada.”

Seriously, I have experienced the coincidence thing way too many times these last few years. Rod Sterling could have a blast with this!

I don’t have cable.

Oh a wise guy eh? :stuck_out_tongue: