Galaxy 7 phones blow up

In other developments…

I’m going to be getting me a Samsung Galaxy S7 early next year. It’s an unbelievable phone and kicks ass on the iPhone 7. Not interested in a Galaxy Note 7. Too big. If I wanted to carry around a big mutherfukker like that, I might as well carry around this bullshit tablet I bought.

I was thinking of getting a Note7, cuz the s7 are too damn expensive.

Used to be if you signed a 2 year contract. many of the larger service providers would either comp you a top tier phone or at least deeply discount it. Not anymore. I guess the phones have just gotten too damn expensive. I read somewhere the Note 7 was going to be about $800. Not sure what they’re getting for the S7.

I was reading about the One Plus 3 last night, some chink made phone, peeps were raving about it.

I got my old phone I pay 10 bucks a year for

I spend about 3 minutes a year on it

ya all got yer asses glued to that fucking phone if yer not glued here

me and fucking alien are the only sane ones

You know what they say when you ASSume!

1 Like

I got kids, buddy. That makes communication paramount, in my mind. Otherwise, I use it to play Words with Friends and for the GPS.

Fuck, how did I ever survive as a kid without my parents having phone access

Maybe you should just put a long string on them

1 Like

Yeah, I survived without a phone, too. But you know what, I’m a better parent than my parents were.

1 Like

Exactly. Of course it would be fun to poast on the subway or what not, but not $800 fun. and in Turkey they are 2x the price of the USA anyway thanks to import taxes. I still have the $10 phone I got in 2007.

1 Like

I don’t hardly ever use my phone to talk. I probably have 100 apps on my phone and use many of them every day. Need to do some banking on the fly… BAM. Need some gardening info while I’m tending the crops… BAM. Need a coupon while I’m at the store… BAM. Want to know if my team is winning… BAM. Want to listen to some tunes… BAM. Need some GPS directions on the fly… BAM. Need to buy a train pass… BAM. Not sure what something at the store costs because there’s no price tag… bar code scanner… BAM. Want to refill a prescription… BAM. Want to check my personal or work emails on the fly… BAM. Want to enable or disable my home alarm system… BAM.

Calendar, Calculator, alarm clock, camera… on and on. Basically, anything I can do at home on the PC I can do on the fly… and then some. I even have an app where if someone rings my doorbell, I can see who’s at the door without getting up… fukk, I can even see who’s ringing the doorbell if I’m 1000 miles away and tell them to fukk off.

I was at Worst Buy recently…
they sell everyone’s phones, tablets…unlocked. cheaper than at phone stores, and staff is ready to hook you with the carrier and plan of yer choice… with or without a contract.

I’m 2 years into this Moto phone without a contract, but still married to ATT. I like being contract free, and I look forward to being carrier free also.

Contract free is definitely more appealing and I was that way for a long time. I got into a 2 year deal with Verizon to get $400 off a S6. I’m just about at the end of it, but may re-up if I can get a deep discount on a S7. I don’t too much care about the carrier. All the majors charge about the same and have about the same coverage. Verizon has given me a lot of other discounts and a lot of free gigs of data. Their customer service has been okay. I rarely need them.

I’ve been using contract-free Virgin mobile for years. $55 a month for everything – talk, text, internet. But I have to pay for my phone. I always get a cheap one.

13 party wall crank phones are the best

I remember that

you gotta know yer ring or yer fucked

two longs and a short

better days - I don’t give a fuk what anyone sez

1 Like

Yeah. My grandparents had a two-party phone. Not a crank phone. Just a rotary. We kids were always hugely entertained by the idea that one could listen in on some stranger’s call.

2 Likes

When I was very very young, we had a 2 party phone, and I remember there was some code you could dial and it would ring your other party (2112, i think) we ( my older sisters) prank called them a couple times, to find out they were our neighbors a couple doors away.

My parents moved down here from upstate, in the late forties. The phone was neither a crank nor a rotary…a desk phone with no dial. You picked it up and an operator would come on and say “number, please?” It was a 2 party line but they were able to ring only the one they wanted to.