Gardening 2023

I doubt you will approve…but

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/shopping?q=tbn:ANd9GcQYRtFkHEWLZSX_BD6r1fWdYSwDuOIXEJH4seAz2j38rAWSeJ4sxeCyUYXB43w70vbJKTlDpv5wxW6lsiJ113qyGnYI3aW_y3o-3KxgpLz6Aia7ym92P6g1

Well, to save my plants…

1 Like

lack of nitrogen or possibly too dry…

Purslane used to grow wild in my backyard in IL. The lettuce microgreens are the most amazing tasting and smelling lettuce ever.

1 Like

Black Krim still waiting on a ripe one, this plant is very susceptible to heat and needs a ton of water.

2 Likes

My tomatoes all crashed and burned this year. They started off like yours and I don’t know what happened.

Oh well…

Yours are gorgeous.

1 Like

containers are harder to keep hydrated.

2 Likes

Some tomato plants are suceptable to blight and other dieeases. You might try getting more varieties(hybrids with disease resistance for ex…) I think that you still have time for this year. That first crop is usually a good one. Good luck.

2 Likes

True and it can be the same variety from the same seeds as the one next to it… one will get blight and die and the other one will be hardy and produce.

1 Like

Well, only plant the other one! Duhhh…

2 Likes

2 Likes

Beautiful haul.

1 Like

Looks like the beginnings of some nice salsas.

2 Likes

I had some great salsa yesterday… but I think that cayenne pepper is what had me shitting out everything in my stomach this morning.

1 Like

Gorgeous! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Picked my jalapenos today, and a couple more tomatoes. I’ve gotten a lot of nice tomatoes off the one black krim plant. I sliced the jalapenos up in vinegar and water and pressure cooked them. Only had enough for one good sized jar. I picked some oregano and basil to dry too.

3 Likes

Beautiful haul. Good job.

1 Like

I just let them grow and water them that’s really all I do. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Here’s my pepper rings, the jar sealed up.

2 Likes