Good Samaritan Hospital my asssss

So I was up on NW 23rd avenue earlier today and we saw this old man laying on the sidewalk in front of the streetcar/bus stop. His pants were pulled halfway down and he was bleeding from the head. He looked super skinny and my first thought when I saw him was Night of the Living Dead… so my friend calls 9-11 and gets put on hold… I look up and lo and behold… EMERGENCY right across the street… the ER for Good Samaritan Hospital… so we walk over there and tell some people and they’re like ok, and then they disappear and nobody comes out… eventually another guy walks over to the guy and then to the ER and does the same thing we did… one of their people finally comes out, glances at the guy talks to other people for a minute and walks back in. Meanwhile another guy called an ambulance. They wouldn’t wheel a wheelchair across a street to pick this guy up and give him medical attention.

1 Like

That’s what we used to call “Yup town” ie, a hip shopping and eating area between downtown and the high rent homes just up on that hill.

1 Like

It’s a nice area fo sho… but they’ll let you die on the side of the street and just keep going right by ya…

2 Likes

A friend of mine was feeling like shit, maybe ten years ago, drove to the hospital and parked his car in the section of the hospital lot that’s for ER patients/visitors. As he opened the car door, he had the heart attack, realized he couldn’t make it to the building under self power, whipped out his cellphone and called the ER to send out a chair. They were like NO you have to call an ambulance.

2 Likes

We want an update!