Got evacuated a few days ago, mandatory evacuation... been staying down in Marin but we don't have any power down there

and no internet/cell service…

5 Likes

Good to at least hear from you.

4 Likes

We’ve been worried, glad your safe! Any word on your domicile, is it safe?

I thot yer new landlord buried ya in the desert like he did them others and used the fire as an excuse why yer missin

1 Like

The obvious answer to her disappearance.

How do we know this is the real Billdo?

Maybe it’s a Stepford Billdo.

Or the landlord covering his tracks - billdo did say he was in IT

RIP Billdo - were gona miss ya

the Kincade fire, Billdo’s fire.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQdm6qtAg9c

Glad you are OK. Are you still loving it out there?:grin:

Totally, back home now, still the best place on the planet overall to live…

1 Like

So it’s rough out here at the moment but it will be back to normal soon, Californians are pretty tough despite what the Trumpsters would have you believe, it’s rugged terrain and a lot of people live sort of half assed off grid… Most of the evacuation areas are being lifted. We hung out in West Marin for a few days at a friend of his house who didn’t have power either.

I’ve been working the last few nights and mornings overtime and we’ve been one of the few places open. Lots of people have been camping in the parking lot, sleeping in cars etc. after the mandatory evacuation.

The air quality isn’t the greatest at the moment but it was really bad the other morning… it’s relatively clear here but I was just out in it for a half hour and my throat is scratchy…

3 Likes

In the daytime the traffic has been fucked around here, lots of people driving around who normally wouldn’t be, takes forever to get anywhere, driving to work from down there was pretty fucked. An RV cut a truck and I earlier and looked like they about flipped it in the process… At work all the camping gear, any kind of light that runs on anything but wall power, water, beer, pillows, blankets, candles, toiletries etc. etc. all going faster than they could get it in at first.

Here’s a nice Timelapse of the first night of the fire taken from Mt St Helena…

Pay attention to air quality aswell, please!

I’m sure if you google air quality (city) you’ll be able to find something, although that might be hard to do without service. It changes hourly though.

Do you know some quick easy things Billdo & friends might do if the air gets very laden with smoke etc, how to make a diy filter or something? I’m sure if nothing else holding some breathable cloth of your mouth and nose, is better than nothing.

We typically used bandanas, but at the fire the smoke billows up and is less of an issue than say 5 miles away where ash and sediment is distributed through the air.

I’d definitely get a cheap in home filter/fan and spare filters for inside the house.

I’d limit any child or animals time outside as they have smaller respiratory systems that can be damaged more easily.

Fine sediment/particulate disposable respirators can be used.

3 Likes

Air quality on weather underground is “unhealthy” or “very unhealthy.”

Actually, I think that I would enjoy the adventure some.:slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

$14.50

go to the dollar store

ten for a buck