Hey, Six (HoW spoilers)

We’ve been watching Hell On Wheels.

It’s pretty good. It’s a very well done series. But damn, they sure make the Native Americans look bad, and they sure try to make the Confederate, former slave owner look so much better than all the bluecoats. It seems to me the creators must be Southerners.

Oh, and thanks for the spoiler about Lily. I sure do appreciate it.

I thot they portrayed the NA’s as pissed because they were fucking up the environment - wait and see

It is a great series

and this is not a spoiler but he freed his slaves and paid them before the war - that will come out - and if it is a spoiled I did not mean it to be

You should really like the next seasons of it

Yes, but all these characters are like “Indians killed my whole family,” and “Indians kidnapped me and made me their slave” and “Indians play games and fight to the death” etc. There aren’t any sympathetic Indian characters whose story is “Whites slaughtered my whole family.” You got one sympathetic Indian who converted to Christianity.

I am going to keep watching, but that really bugs me.

OK, Done with this show. Lily should not have been killed off. And Cullen goes from Lily to a 10-year-old Mormon girl? And still, all Indians are bad. These writers are idiots. Anson Mount can’t act. With Common gone – there’s no reason to watch Cullen. He bores the hell out of me. The writing sucks.

Deadwood is 100 times better. Best dialogue in a Western, ever!

Here is an example of some of the best dialogue ever written for TV:

Al Swearengen, the bad guy you almost love, speaking to a prostitute:

Al Swearengen: It’s not the fucking hour. It’s not the fucking vantage of the chair. It’s you, that’s changed the level of your suction somehow. That’s the fucking sum and substance of it.
Dolly: Maybe if I get on my knees?
Al Swearengen: You’re the cocksucker. Change the fucking angle.

Hell on wheels is excellent - yer missin out

It is only the beginning

I am astounded at the difference in our opinions of Anson’s acting, but I guess that’s why they have menus in restaurants

It is one of my favorite shows

you should keep watching - I didn’t stop cause they kilt Lily who was excellent

Nah. I’d rather re-watch Deadwood.

Cullen is the most boring character ever, Mount the most boring actor. Lily is gone. Elem is gone. I’m gone.

Elem quit the show - they had to kill him - he wanted to do his music or some sich

Hey, spoiler alert!

Or it would be, if I was watching…

say

say what?

I think what makes Deadwood so much better is that it was based on actual people and events where Hell is fictitious with a few real characters thrown in to the mix.

The other thing is that Hell is on a basic cable channel where they do not have the same looseness with language than Deadwood had on HBO.

My big bitch is that they are trying to pass off someplace as Donner Pass that looks nothing like it right now.

Yeah. That and the Deadwood writers were a million times more talented.

In a thread addressed to Six! I know. Alright. I should put the alert in the subject line.

There.

The 10-year-old Mormon girl thing, anyway, is a joke. Kind of.

I watched Hell on Saturday and with the exception of the location I thought it was well written.

I think the dialogue sucks. The dialogue in Deadwood is brilliant. But different strokes.

She is more then 10 - he got her preggers when they hung her brother fer killing the sheriff
So now he has to marry her

and as far as deadwood I ain’t paying fucking trillions of shiny stones for HBO

I know. I saw it. It was gross. She looks like a little kid. And the logic in this show. Why the fuck did he hang the kid? He’s killed 32 people himself and he didn’t have to hang. Besides, he knew the kid didn’t do it. This is what’s called a Deus ex machina in literature. Makes no frickin sense, but they did it so they could get to the plot point they were aiming for.

And even, Why did the Swede kill Lily? Makes no sense. None.

That ain’t even the beginning of Swede - like one percent of what swede is gona do

I know. He kills the bishop and his wife. What a dick. Why? Oh, so he can run into Bohannon in the settlement. Deus ex machina. Cheap tricks.