I survived the whole move thing, still unboxing

But for one semantic argument from the moving company (They asked the BEST day for delivery, if I could pick a date for delivery what would it be – I said first Thurs in Dec as I got there Dec 1 and was having rooms painted. When it was Wednesday and I hadn’t heard anything I called and they told me that Thursday was the opening of the delivery window – of 14 days, it took 7 so it was like camping here, only stupider) the move went well and yes, my dog who hates and I mean hates car rides made here sedated but better than anyone hoped. Having my friend ride back with me helped.

Soooooooo, Oscoda from Jersey City and NYC area – there are no Bank of America branches within 75 miles of me. This will be a bother when I want cash. Grubhub and Seamless participants are zero. Hungry Howie’s, and a place called Oscoda Party Center that has a million sandwiches, pizzas, yadda yadda AND, no shit, if you ask and pay they will deliver a bottle of Jack Daniels, or maybe you’re a Pinot kind of person, any bottle of liquor or wine or 12 pack of beer, just throw it on the order. The weather hasn’t been all that crazy for a Great Lake in December. It’s so dominant here, it’s right on top of you when you go almost anywhere. I LOVE it. Walks in the woods with the dog are far better than walks to the Hudson River to see NYC, they are because the dog fucking LOVES the woods, runs, pulls me, yips, and has a blast up here. She’s like a puppy again. She heard her first coyote in the woods up here last Monday night. She stared for 10 seconds then trotted on. I’m told there are black bears as well as the odd cougar in them thar woods.

My new home office view

I got the tattoo I mentioned of 11,790, the number of days my wife and I were together. Note the typewriter font as one might see in a book

After Alpena, White Walkers (they took this sign down like three days after I took this – timing is everything)

5 Likes

I have been SO out of the loop I’m not kidding, this is not hyperbole, I learned MSU’s bowl opponent TODAY on the Big Ten Network crawl. Oh, Oregon, what do you know

Yer Fighting Emus lost a squeaker in the Cramton Bowl on Saturday.

1 Like

I was just wondering about you this weekend. Great update. Your tattoo is touching, sniff

Welcome to your new life.

1 Like

The tattoo artist did tell me it was the most original idea he’s heard but also told me some people come in and just want a name and a date of death. Ick, no.

2 Likes

Yeah, your tattoo isn’t ick at all.

1 Like

Lake Huron all icy and stuff. I learned this tactic from my wife “Holy fuck great shot pull over pull over!”

It’s like Twin Peaks up here

Franchise opportunities available!

Morning walk on the AuSable River

Oscoda Point on Lake Huron

She’s walked in NYC before, a girl has to have a sassy pink LED glow collar

Sunday afternoon walk

Happy dawg

4 Likes

Great pics. I really love the one with the icicles.

1 Like

I feel ya about camping out for a week, kind of how we’ve done it and still are a little. but now it’s down to things like no television yet, or a better office chair etc.

1 Like

Those trees all in a row, is that a birch or alder farm?

Are you fairly close to friends and family, former colleagues?

Huron National Forest

About 2.5 to 3 hours away from everyone. My sister can’t wait to bring her kids up for free summer vacation time and my good friend Rachel and her husband and kids will be driving another 40 minutes up the way to see her sister so I’m a stop on the trip

1 Like

Close enough for visitors but not so close that you see people all the time either. Nice.

2 Likes

Saves from becoming the default baby sitter, if that is still in play.

2 Likes

And blind dates. (Which are fine if both parties are open to it)

I was thinking about him as well, thinking that this would be a difficult holiday for him. So, I kept my thoughts to myself.

He did make a mistake, however, he forgot that some of the years that he spent with her were leap years. Thus, his tattoo should have had 5 more days on it.:grin:

Did you just assume his leap year cognition?

that’s just evil

1 Like

I bet he used an online tool that calculates it. I think someone as focused as Witchy seems to be wouldn’t fuck that up.