Is anyone interested in writing a story together?

I know that I’ll probably get very little interest, but it’s worth a shot.

Flynn and I are writing a little horror story at BF. It’s set in Tombstone and Sierra Vista, AZ.

We could write our on story, any genre would do. Though I don’t know that I’d be a good Sci-Fi writer, but I’d be willing to give it a go.

1 Like

Can you reveal anything about the Tombstone story?

Are you writing a story about two pathetic forums complaining about each other where the other’s members can’t or won’t respond so they start threads about non-members in their flame forums to circle jerk over, all the while forgetting that they’re supposed to be adults?

I read it in 2005 and the sequel is currently a NYT bestseller. I’d love to see your take.

1 Like

They used to have collaborative continue the story websites but I don’t see them anymore…it’s easier to write a story using established material like fan fiction, they have sites like that I know. But…you should write a story about two gangs who own hot dog carts and are battling it out to see who runs the coveted spot in the Walmart parking lot. It can be an allegorical tale about the current forum wars…lol.

1 Like

:rofl:

I just can’t…lmao

It’s so sad and funny at the same time.

I predict it’s going to get worse before it gets any better.

You should add a side-scene where the local drunk, Grandes-Pequeños, shits in the well and struts around like a half-plucked, half-blind rooster.

Is that the horror part? lol

It’s simply an attempt to get people involved in something beyond lurking about.

I suppose it’s futile.

Herding cats in the so called community is futile indeed…you should instead create a short story sort of like Antigonish, I met a man who wasn’t there…but without rhyming. So each person adds like 30 to 40 words and you keep the whole thing under 200 to 300 words…but even that would be a challenge with the maturity level of many of the community members.

1 Like

I’m not a decent enough writer of fiction. I guess grad school and the subject matter I dealt with, beat that ability right out of me.

I wouldn’t want to embarrass myself with people that are actual wordsmiths.

You are not in compitition with The Bard. :slightly_smiling_face:

Why don’t you write a book about your crazy neighbor and other ones as well.

Ha…speaking of the neighbor with dementia, she disappeared not too long after my last post about her.

I think her daughter got some help in dealing with her. Her home sits empty and we’ve been at peace since. I’m just hoping she got the help she needed.