It is official the GOP wants seniors and the disabled dead

What is PC?

Presbyterian Church USA, The same one I went to as a kid, and the same one some retired Preacher dude told me “It’s shame they don’t follow the scriptures” With the implication (that I took) that they were heathens destined for the lake of fire and eternal damnation and screams of agony.

Wabbit, perhaps there is another PC in your area that hasn’t gone right wing?

Another side note, The PCUSA is a descendant of the Church Of Scotland.

If anyone cares a sort of timeline history of PCUSA

Typical prog lies. *yawn

No, I’m quoting Obama Advisor Steve Rattner. Am I the only person at this board who actually follows the REAL news?

WE need death panels.

Well, maybe not death panels, exactly, but unless we start allocating health care resources more prudently — rationing, by its proper name — the exploding cost of Medicare will swamp the federal budget.

But in the pantheon of toxic issues — the famous “third rails” of American politics — none stands taller than overtly acknowledging that elderly Americans are not entitled to every conceivable medical procedure or pharmaceutical.

PC-USA still exists, not all of the churches in it jumped ship, but I don’t need to stay with it. I went to a bunch of different churches in college.

@Lotus: by “PC” I meant Presbyterian church denominations as a group, rather than PC-USA as a specific one.

Death panels have always existed. Obamacare put it in government hands, and CONS howled because they’d rather this life-or-death decision be in the hands of for-profit business.

1 Like

But OBAMA!

Yes, they have since the inception of managed care.

Unfortunately, we still have managed care for profit.

Interesting. I checked out Ape’s link above.

Did you ever go to an Episcopalian church? I read a mission statement on the website of a nearby church and thought it sounded very interesting.

While the Espicopalian Church is Technically a Protestant Denomination, I’ve been to a funeral and a Couple Weddings at a couple of them, and they looked and felt like a Catholic Church, maybe not as many Idols as the Catholics have, but the rest seemed very similar. Not that that’s good or bad, I just felt different form the type of church service I was used to.

Yeah. The reason they do is because it’s basically the Church of England reformed in America, and the CofE was created by Catholics.

I like the idols. I like the Catholic rituals because all those rituals were taken from Paganism. It feels closer to the origins of the true religion to me (no offense to anyone’s religion here. Just sayin’).

I won a Peoples Choice award at a show at the Episcopalian church here in town last fall.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfa1/v/t1.0-9/17090_849064451835343_6436190918175790522_n.jpg?oh=18d9c0556f3a8b2ea748b758ad445f09&oe=55DF262A&gda=1440199821_36384c5e92c81fade7c3c57ff30b9c98

1 Like

Catholic lite

I’ve heard it called that.

25 byears ago the “issue” of ordaining women was the rock on which several Presbyterian congregations splintered, my own family church among them.

Families I had grown up with, gone to school and confirmation with, dated their daughters, were leaving in a snit - because my church had called a woman to our pulpit.

The church is still there. Those who left? - don’t know and don’t care.

My pointbeing, Rabbit, that if some of your members can’t take change - and finding a way to make the Gospel work in this world - then you’re better off without them.

1 Like

's why I am stepping on.

That’s not condescending.

Good luck with it. I hope you find a spiritual home.

I presume you remember the 'Reimagining God" conference…