Latino topic of the day

It is, it’s as good as the Chappelle skits for its time.

1 Like

I believe this also happens in African and Indian heritages.

1 Like

Cinco de Mayo is not Mexican Independence day.

It is an obscure celebration in Puebla, Mexico over a defeat over the French in 1862.

American beer companies elevated the holiday to sell beer to Mexicans, just like they marketed to transpersons in April to sell beer to trans.

American beer companies don’t care about these demographics other than to sell product to them.

Most independence days in Latin America are in September…

Mexico September 16th at it’s called Fiestas Patrias
Chile September 18th
Costa Rica, Guatemala, El Salvador, Nicaragua and Honduras on Sept 15th

The only bitch ass country in Latin America that has never been an independent nation is Puerto Rico (as noted in link). Perhaps their time has come.

2 Likes

Army base drops Confederate’s name, honors pioneering Hispanic general

As a company commander in Korea in June 1953, 1st Lt. Richard Edward Cavazos earned the Distinguished Service Cross after safely leading his unit back to friendly lines under enemy shelling.

Upon returning home after the war, he was assigned to Fort Hood, Tex., which on Tuesday will be re-christened Fort Cavazos. The renaming — to honor the son of Mexican American cattle ranchers who became the country’s first Hispanic four-star general — is part of a broader plan to rid the nation’s military facilities of names of Confederate leaders.

A Pentagon committee selected Cavazos’s name after the League of United Latin American Citizens, an advocacy group, recommended him and Master Sgt. Roy Benavidez as candidates to replace the namesake of the base, John Bell Hood, a Confederate general who resigned his commission in the U.S. Army to fight against it.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/history/2023/05/09/fort-hood-texas-renamed-richard-cavazos/

1 Like

But that erases history, especially when they’re banning all the history books!

How we ever allowed the names of those treasonous bastards to be linked to our bases, etc is beyond my understanding.

2 Likes

IKR? I think at the time those bases were named, I think using rebel names was a sort of olive branch…

Fuck that shit. They were the losers on a losing cause.

2 Likes

A little humor:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

“Hilaria” Baldwin, aka, Hillary Baldwin is not a Latina, not Spanish. She’s a Caucasian woman from Boston.

From Amy Schumer:
“They have a von Trapp amount of children,” she jokingly continued, referencing “The Sound of Music,” a film that centered on a family with seven children. (Alec and Hilaria Baldwin also have seven children.) “And they named them all ― I’m not sure, but very Spanish names like Jamón, Croqueta and Flamenco.”

I was thinking of other funny Spanish nouns to use in Amy’s bit. I like “Churro” the best. lol

1 Like

I was ordering a soy mocha once and the barista yells at the one at the steamer, “Yo, soy!”

1 Like

:rofl:

Me likey.

1 Like

@Wabbit this might be familiar…lol

1 Like