Matthew Perry dead at 54

:frowning_face:

Poor Chandler.

1 Like

I wonder if he was using again.

2 Likes

Entirely possible, but it isn’t too hard to drown…

It isn’t? Hmmm…

It is and it isn’t, if you’re inexperienced and are suddenly immersed easy to inhale water and not be able to exhale the water etc…that’s why “drown proofing” is an early training evolution for combat swimmers.

I see.

Maybe he had a heart attack or other kind of acute health emergency…

1 Like

all of the above, which also may have or not have been results of prior drug use

1 Like

Could he BE… any more dead?

1 Like

If he hadn’t had time to repent he could be! Or at least more oppressively.

eta, it made sense yesterday sometime after the Ducks victory over Utah.

Seeing a few 20 second eulogies recently I remembered how quick and witty he was…(My ex watched it, not me!)

I’m guessing it will come back as a fentanyl overdose.

I know of someone who supposedly got roofied at a downtown bar here awhile back, sounded like they slipped him fetty and he OD’d.

2 Likes

My guess is he played pickleball for two hours (known) and the hot tub triggered his already damaged and fatigued heart. Maybe a drink or two as well, which is bad news with a hot tub, i know nothing about whether that was the case. Even being clean, if he still was, he’d done himself a lot of damage.

4 Likes

I think at my age 56, it’s a slap in the face by my own mortality. I’m not afraid per se, but you see how fragile we really are…just a regular day for him and then he’s dead.

Apparently one of his regrets was that he’d never married or had a family. He believed women were only into him for his money. I find that really sad. He was a super witty guy and he wasn’t bad looking either (though he was a little rough around the edges later in life).

3 Likes