Mayor in a small Oregon Town has been posting hate on Social Media for years

1 Like

What do all phobes have in common? They’re all closet cases, literally all of them. :joy: .

2 Likes

He admits that online vulgarity is crass and childish.

But that’s totally separate from who he is as a person in real life.

Surrrrreeeeeeeeee.

1 Like

Perception of anonymity can reveal much, innit?

2 Likes

County Law opines.

Lincoln County Sheriff’s Office - Oregon

eonrSstodp4664ti9l6f1ua17875c0880at230379fl2hah50gcgcfl311tc ·

As a law enforcement officer and resident of the City of Newport I am very disappointed with Mayor Sawyer’s actions on a Private Law Enforcement Facebook page that were recently brought to light in an article from Oregon Public Broadcasting. I am deeply disturbed by the racially insensitive, bigoted, and culturally inappropriate comments and posts. Such behavior is completely unacceptable and has no place in our society.

We condemn any form of racism, homophobia, or discriminatory behavior. I want to assure our community that this kind of behavior is not tolerated in our Sheriff’s Office, and I do not condone it. We have written polices clearly prohibiting this behavior and our members participate in ongoing training/education to inform our members why this is so important.

It is important to note that Mayor Sawyer does not represent the law enforcement community and is no longer in active service. However, we recognize that his actions reflect poorly on the profession and undermine the efforts made by dedicated law enforcement officers who work tirelessly to uphold the principles of justice, equality, and respect for all.

Law enforcement agencies across the country have been making significant strides in improving community relations, fostering trust, and promoting inclusivity. Instances like these serve as a stark reminder that there is still work to be done to address biases and prejudices within the law enforcement community and society as a whole.

This is an important learning opportunity for everyone to evaluate your own bias moving forward. In a Country where freedom, dignity, and equality are valued, there is no room for hate in any forum.

Curtis Landers

Lincoln County Sheriff

2 Likes

Cops and former cops are dicks, who knew? :crazy_face:

2 Likes

If I put a profile on any type of social or dating site it’s like a cop magnet… :joy_cat:

2 Likes

Now that is interesting.

1 Like

First guy I ever had sex with is a very good looking California Highway Patrolman.

2 Likes

And he’s outta there!

:joy: