Overwintering a couple pepper plants

I had a couple last summer in a 2 gallon pot, that weren’t very productive. They took a pretty hard frost before I brought them in and most of the leaves fell off, but they’re starting to come out of it and grow some new leaves/shoots.

I have them under a dangling 23 watt CFL light running 24-7 in the basement, not a lot of light but should be enough to keep them alive over the winter.

Next spring when it starts to warm up, I’m going to plant them in a raised bed or garden spot.

http://www.dinadanish.com/img/tonguetwsiter-large/peterpiper/peterfirstpractice.jpg

I have a covered patio…I think I’m going to move some of the tomatoes and peppers under there…see what happens.

I have a vase full of roses…they’re still blooming.

I enjoy these experimental type things.

I had some peppers last summer and the deer ate 60% of them. The leaves never really came back? The other 40%(4) grew great.

I think these will produce next year if I can keep them alive over the winter, I only got a few peppers off of them last year.

Shitty photo…

I’ve collected 100+ of those two gallon buckets… free… I’ve got two huge stacks of them out in the garage.

It looks fairly healthy considering…

There’s two of them in there, yeah I’m pretty sure it sat out the night it went down to like 15 degrees but a little bit of new growth on both of them after leaving them under the light for a week, so I think they’ll make it.