Pizza dough

Best pizza crust yet… light and crispy

this makes enough for two thin crust pizzas, or a pizza and some bread sticks, I usually cut it in half…

2.5 cups of all purpose flour
1 cup of water as hot as your tap will get
teaspoon or two of yeast
teaspoon of sugar
teaspoon of salt
vegetable oil

Preheat the oven to around 420

Mix the water, yeast and sugar in a large mixing bowl. Cover with a towel for 10-15 minutes, add the salt then slowly mix in the flour.

Knead the dough and add more flour until you have a nice dough ball… I usually do this inside the bowl, less mess. After you’ve kneaded the dough for awhile and you can poke it with your finger and the indention quickly goes away.

Put the ball of dough in a clean blow and coat it with a little vegetable oil, cover with a towel and let it sit for another 15-20 minutes, also coat the pan while you’re at it.

Press your dough out into the pan, throw in the oven for a few minutes and let it partially cook, take it out of the oven, add your toppings, bake for about 15 more minutes.

A couple key things…
Don’t add vegetable oil to your mix, it fucks everything up.
I’ve tried it with olive oil and prefer the cheapo vegetable oil.
Bread sticks - use a smaller pan, drizzle some butter and garlic on top, cheese if you want cheese sticks.

sounds fairly easy, I bet Ambassador J Christopher Stevens would have enjoyed it, had he not been assassinated by Obama at Benghazi.

Pretty close to how I make pizza dough. Only real variation is that I let the dough sit a bit longer, probably just a habit from my days of working at a pizza joint.

You hit on one of the keys to a great homemade pizza that nearly everyone misses, partially cooking the dough before adding toppings. A real pizza oven cooks pies at 700-800 degrees… some as high as 1000. You can’t do that at home, so if you don’t give the dough a head-start you’re going to have either undercooked dough or burnt toppings.

1 Like

I don’t really have a set time, I just guesstimate it. I cover it with a towel and let it rise on the pan a little too after I press it out onto the pan, I forgot that step.

Where I used to fuck up is I’d add olive oil either the first or second step.

Also pizza sauce…

blanche and skin a pot of tomatoes (I need a tomato mill thing to get rid of the seeds)

start cooking the tomatoes down, takes 90 minutes to 2 hours, stir regularly or it will burn to the bottom of the pan

mince some fresh garlic and add to it, I add some salt too and a little red wine

about 30 minutes before it’s done add a handful of chopped fresh oregano and basil

about 10 minutes before it’s done it will still look a little watery, that’s when I add a small can of tomato paste to thicken it up…

cook it a little more, freeze what you dont use in small bags that will hold a serving, easy to thaw out under hot water.

I have a bunch of this frozen.

I forget the chemistry and stuff, but someone explained the chemistry of olive oil vs veg oil, and anyway all I remember is that Olive oil just don’t work in some stuff…

Where I was fucking up is I was adding the oil to the mix, I should have just been coating the dough ball with it. For pizza crust I prefer the taste of the veggie oil crust to the olive oil.

President Hussein Obola has weapons of mass destruction?

Conservatives both crave and fear his massive weapon.

1 Like

I do it pretty much the same but sometimes I will substitute beer for the water and when the dough is rising I put the bowl in a sink with very warm water in it. Also I dust the pizza pan with flour before spreading the dough. I have also found that King Arthur flour gives the best results.