Sounds like my 7th grade homeroom teacher

I can see a young but more edgy Steve McQueen in this, who do you have in mind?

What the heck does that mean, 720 sexes? (asking for Apey’s friend)

PS, My friend is only asking for social science reasons.

I recently did a fungal germination and propagation course. One of the mushrooms I am using at home has 2300 genders. As I understand it, you need two complementing genders to produce a zygote. So gender A can only mate with B, but C an’t mate with a or b and needs to mate with D. keep going like that a couple thousand times and I think you’re close.

Imagine it asking itself for a 720-way.

2 Likes

So each mateable pair isn’t a distinct species?

No, like they are all oyster mushrooms but they have shitloads of pairs that need to find each other.

Sounds like Rush Street, Friday Night

I think Facebook has replicated itself into a living organism

“It surprises us because it has no brain but is able to learn (…) and if you merge two blobs, the one that has learned will transmit its knowledge to the other,” David added.

Just like FB a bunch of blobs transmitting sheer garbage from one blob to another.

1 Like

I have often thought fire meets many of the criteria for unconscious life. It is a chemical process capable of metabolic functions such as breathing and consumption. If left to it’s own devices it attempts to grow and spread. It spreads through germination of embers, and by division. It grows by burning energy and releasing Co2.

The metabolic function of fire is similar to the process in which we gather energy. Fuel + oxygen = Heat and Co2 (And some water).

In my examination, I believe fire to the simplest form of life as a non-celled and non-embodied life.

1 Like

I am become life.