Starting My Soil Mix

Tonight. Under the cover of darkness. Don’t want any neighborhood stoners to know I’m starting a garden :grinning:

Cool man, looks like some work! I’m hoping you’ll post your experience and some pics of your grow so we can watch too.

And don’t forget to include the GPS coordinates. (Just for fun!)

Back breaking work. Only have 1/2 of the mix done. I should have rented a cement mixer.

Shit that looks easy compared to the digging and shit I’ve been doing.

No sand?

Yes, 1 cup of Green Sand per cubic foot of soil. But no, I’m not using a sand based soil. I’m using amended top soil.

So anyway, I finished the soil mix and now have 120 gallons of DM super soil cooking. I’ll probably let it cook for 3-4 weeks as Bildo recommends. The other option is to fill each planter 1/2 way with super soil and then top it off with regular top soil. That would give the super soil time to cook and the clones time to acclimate as they root down. The problem with that approach is I’ll have a shit load of super soil left over and have to buy a bunch more regular potting soil.

1 Like

Even after 3-4 weeks, I’d try to put a little regular soil between the clone and the super soil. I’d moisten those pots up a bit (not wet) and then cover them, black trashbags would work.

I added 3 gallons of distilled water to each container and covered them. After they cook for 3-4 weeks, I’ll dump the soil on a tarp, give it one more good mix, transfer it to the planters and plant the clones. Yeah, everything I’ve read says go with at least a layer of regular soil on top.

I feel like I’m getting a bit of a late start, but I guess with outdoor around here it doesn’t too much matter.

I think you’re probably fine time wise, you might need to study the day lengths for outside to see if you can tell when they’re going to start budding, I’m pretty sure summer solstice is probably right around 12/12.

You growing the weed?

How many pounds can I put you down for? :smile:

1 Like

Here’s what I’m hoping to end up with. White Berry.

1 Like

Ten. No. Make it 15.

Are you smoking on that Berry White? Is it good? The stuff I had was totally frost covered and kind of tan and whitish, the bottoms of the nugs were like pure sugar and it was all very tasty. Wish I still had some, it was the best Christmas weed ever for sure. $350 an oz and most people around here don’t even get the chance to score something like it. I bet they’d stab you in the neck for a little nug of it in the ghetto around here. :slight_smile:

This thread has turned to shit.

Literally.

But I’ll bet it’s REALLY GOOD shit.

Yeah. It’s been making the rounds. 21.8% THC… packs a pretty good punch.

I am going to use my left over Miracle Gro. It’s the CONz way. :grinning:

http://img.dooyoo.co.uk/GB_EN/orig/0/0/4/4/0/44075.jpg

It’s actually not bad stuff for flowers, shrubs and stuff. The problem with using MG for veggies and fruits is that it affects the taste.

With cannabis, MG will give you healthy plants, but the harvested buds end up with a chemical taste and smell. Weed connoisseurs hate that.