The Grandfather of Trash TV

1 Like

I don’t like most talk shows. I really couldn’t stand his or Povich…but I have no ill will toward them.

Gotta make a living I suppose…

I was a much stricter teen girl mom because of Jerry.

Why is that?

My grandmother watched him daily. I would walk into the kitchen when my daughter was 8ish and she would point to the little tv on the counter “don’t let her dress/act/look like that!”

And then I would get sucked in and end up horrified by what I was watching.

Based on the absurd hairdos and inappropriate gobs of makeup, I decided to introduce things like makeup, hairdos and leg shaving for PE at what I felt was an appropriate age. We started with lip gloss, compact powder and mascara at 14. Pretty but not overdone.

I learned a lesson a hard way. My mom said no shaving my legs until I was 15…around 13-14 I decided to do it anyway. My mom found out and then told me she’d tell my dad, whom I feared, if I did it again. I remember that time because my hair grew bag stubbly. I hated it, but wore long slacks/jeans until I turned 15. Not a moment too soon either.

I started shaving my legs in 6th grade for PE because the boys started harassing the girls about it. I didn’t even have to ask.

My Mexican girlfriends all had the same not till your 15 yo rule. One of them dyed it blonde because her mother refused and she was hairy.

My fiancé is the same with his daughters.

1 Like

I guess it does with the whole idea of “womanhood” is reached at 15…quinceñeara

2 Likes

I concur.

1 Like