We're starting to incorporate AI at work

The CEO who’s a super nice guy was screen sharing and showing everyone in the company how to do some things in ChatGPT today and I heard his diabolical laugh for the first time, just for a second, when he clicked the button to run his command and it spit out what would have previously taken him or someone else there hours, maybe days of work.

Interesting stuff. I think you have to be careful of AI though. There are already instances of AI making up references/citations that aren’t real to back up the writing.

I find that fascinating.

2 Likes

2 Likes

Yes, a lot of times if it doesn’t have an answer it will “imagine” the answer… some refer to this as it hallucinating. And the answers it makes up usually sound plausible not like some idiot made them up. Like I will ask it how to do technical things in WordPress and it will write legit looking code to place somewhere that doesn’t exist… but the answer looks perfect.

1 Like

I think it’s kind of scary though. Seems like it can and will be easily weaponized to create disinformation and ensuing chaos.

2 Likes

Hacking and scamming is going to get worse and more clever for sure. Probably already is.

2 Likes

I think it’s already more self aware than most humans.

1 Like

You’re also going to have people romantically involved with AI…

This will be your friends in the future :slight_smile:

1 Like

Considering most humans are pretty dumb, well, yeah.

Soon we will have sites that are just full of AI chatbots and you won’t even know if you’re chatting with a real person. I bet some new fangled dating sites are being created right now. I can’t wait to clone myself and unleash more of me on the web.

1 Like

Bruh…

:rofl:

Not sure if it’s AI related but lately the predictive text on my phone seems to be getting better, seems to have learned my writing or thinking style, a less random more accurate prediction, to continue my thought

2 Likes

I’ve found that too.