What a great day!

RooseBolton. He’s a guy right?

I was talking about Emperor Theodosius I. I don’t hold Roose responsible for actions that man took 1600 years ago.

I was talking about Mr Bolton but maybe it’s an easy mistake to make. Are they much alike? Evidently Mr Bolton thinks a great deal of him.

Looks like you were talking to ME, in response to my post about the Emperor. Never mind, Debbie. Go back to sleep.

I was saying that you should not discourage Mr Bolton with negative comments about his Theodosius. If it takes his mind off of nursing and defecating it is a good thing. lol

Oh, Theodosius is “his.” I did not realize that.

Why have you become so testy these days? Haven’t I been your greatest fan and supporter? Is there even one other person who compares you to the greatest musical performer ever? :kissing_smiling_eyes:

So, since Roose lives in Turkey, anyone who ever lived there throughout history is his, and he automatically is the defender of all of those people?

I just wasn’t clear on that. I am sooooooooooooooooooooooooo sorry.

Mr Bolton lives in Turkey! :astonished: OMG! I just know from reading that he seems quite taken by the walls of Theodosius. I don’t know anything about that. I didn’t mean his personally only his affinity.

To recap… um… ladies.

1. Roose mentioned that he may continue to build on his Masters thesis regarding Byzantine defenses in the pre-Ottoman period.

2. I mentioned that it’s a great area of study and that I know little about it as my area of knowledge is more focused on the Byzantine - Ottoman wars. I did, however, mention that I would like to one day visit what remains of the Theodosian Walls.

3. Roose commented that they are still spectacular.

Now, I was not even aware that there was a ruler named Theodosius. There were so many Roman rulers that I’ve only managed to read about a few. I do think I will Google Theodosius and read about him. He sounds like a most interesting figure… especially if he mandated the building of those walls.

Nicene Christianity is a many deranged thing. :angry:

He slaughtered Pagans and shut down all the Roman temples and buddied up to the Catholic Bishop Ambrose. He is the one who was ultimately responsible for turning all the Pagan holidays into Christian holidays.

Yeah. I’m buying that, Debbie.

Christians and Moslems have been trying to eradicate each other since the 7th century. I don’t see why it should be any different now. People think the Jews are the Moslem’s big enemy, but don’t think for a second they are willing to co-exist with Christians. On the flipside, Christianity is never going to be willing to accept any growth of the Moslem world.

Wow, that’s a lot to accomplish in what I assume is a pretty short life.

The Apostle Screed

I believe in God, the Father almighty,
creator of heaven and earth.
I believe in Jesus Christ, his only Son, our Lord,
who was conceived by the Holy Spirit
and born of the virgin Mary.
He suffered under Pontius Pilate,
was crucified, died, and was buried;
he descended to hell.
The third day he rose again from the dead.
He ascended to heaven
and is seated at the right hand of God the Father almighty.
From there he will come to judge the living and the dead.
I believe in the Holy Spirit,
the holy catholic* church,
the communion of saints,
the forgiveness of sins,
the resurrection of the body,
and the life everlasting. Amen.

OYEAHRITE! I believe that. lol

Wait, what?

He was on a mission. Look up Theodosian Decrees.

LotusBud you are referring to Theodosius I, the walls of Constantinople were built during the reign of Theodosius II, although he was only a boy when they were first built and so if you want to credit someone you should credit his praetorian prefect.

Theodosius I was the last emperor to rule over both east and west, from 379 to 395. Theodosius II was his grandson and reigned from 408 to 450.

https://scontent-sea1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/17759928_1416054178466037_8694033037215276566_n.jpg?oh=b1f5463f6bc5f48dde322b4c0df9e168&oe=59657E44