Wife just got back from Florence

Her first ever trip, to Florence. She hadn’t been back in 2 decades and wanted to see it again. She bought a new camera…

The famed Tower of Medici where the chess piece the Rook design came from.

Take a look at this picture. Normal picture of the Duomo from distance…

Now a section of that same picture in full on resolution up close, gotdamn

A different version of this shot in a bit different light is gonna go up somewhere in our house

The Ponte Vecchio

I just made up that shit about the chess piece, LOL

5 Likes

Wow, everything looks so old there.

2 Likes

I wish that second pic of the Duomo would expand bigger, you can see what people at the top are wearing and artwork on the building and tilework

Who the fuck do they get to work on the roof?

And how do they do it

those are tiles er what

you step on one ya break two

1 Like

shitloads of scaffolding

I right clicked on the dome pic, clicked open in new window and then it let me blow it up

1 Like

I tol the story about a guy I know calling to get a few hundred foot chimney bricks repaired

the guy sed me and my brother 600 an hour and all expenses and wait a year

my friend sed YER CRAZY

the guy sed fine - you will be calling me back

sure enuf

1 Like

The entire Duomo is a piece of art. It’s done in white, pink and green marble. It’s absolutely stunning.

Yeah, it’s Florence’s answer to the Taj Mahal.

That should be the other way around, no?

Right you are. Dunno why I had thought the TM was much older than it is.

Here’s a few moar…

3 Likes

Where you been, Witchy?

Just busy. Work, I’m on the Condo board, undermining Trump and Kushner properties with ads in Korean and Japanese-language newspapers here (go for their clientele and stink up their names), the dog just had her fucking second mcl surgery (one on each back leg) this year so trips with a squaling shrieking dog who hates riding in cars six times per surgery w mri and follow-up through NYC traffic up to 55th St and PT on my creaking knees make buying a small house in the middle of the woods and buying a hammock look good.

4 Likes

Yeah. I’m in a funk lately, getting away from it all and not working any more is tempting.

3 Likes

Yer a townie cause you love it - chaos all around you 24 fuckin 7

LMAO AT TOWNIES

Poor puppy. Here’s to a quick recovery. And to your anti-Trump activities.

1 Like