Ar15

Okay, as an Auzzie this is something I don’t understand, what the fuck is the deal with Ar-15s? I mean do you really need them? it seems like a bunch of counterstrike kids wanting to pretend they are in the army.

A .308 or a .30 will kill a man just fine and no one is all that worried about them. The red army didn’t have those ‘scary black assault riffles’ and they seemed to kill people just fine.

It seems like a training toy compared to a real gun, is that the issue? No one respects the danger? Or is it all media hype?

Can someone give me a good reason for the gun?

So far I’ve got

Small caliber low penetration is good if you don’t want to worry about the pierce line. Like I don’t need to worry about a follow through killing the kids in the next room.
They look cool
They shoot a bunch of bullets pretty fast
They are an AR style

<I don’t think the kids buying AR15s are thinking about the practicality of small caliber arms in self defense.
<They way the gun looks has nothing to do with what it does.
<You can get big caliber mag load semi guns.
<it’s not a bullpup so what difference does it make? It’s not cutoff or hide-able weapon. Y’all have plenty of pistols with big capacities anyway.

I feel like I’m missing something critical here. Are kids just scared of a proper thunderstick? I mean don’t give them up at all, it hasn’t worked well in Australia.

We ended up basically removing all right to self defense under Australian law after the gun ban. The only way to stay legal during a murder attempt in AU is to die and let the police handle after the fact. Knifes are illegal, as well as anything that could remotely be considered a force amplifier. Pepper spray, Tazers, Kubatons, bits of metal, a rock, tools. It’s illegal to carry a multi-tool without a legally defensible reason such as the requirement to complete a job. They are all considered the same as carrying an illegal gun here. We still have gun violence, but it’s now a biker gang issue because there are fuck tons of unclaimed guns circulating in the hands of criminals without anyway for law abiding citizens to protect their families. We still have drivebys, hits, executions, gangland shootings, we even had a mass shooting last year I think.

As a result the government clamps down tighter and tighter each year because we have no real way to put up a resistance against tyranny which is why you have the amendment to begin with. Cap guns are considered illegal firearms here, so are pellets guns, or gel ball shooters, paintball guns too. People are going to jail for buying their kids toys. No one feels safer, if anything everyone is MORE on edge, we feel like we are waiting for islamic law to finally get a foothold or for the goverment to kick in your door.

But what is the actual problem with AR15s here?

Seems to me you have a mental health issue not a gun issue, and you def don’t seem to have a problem with The AR15.

Also she looking lowkey cute while she’s watching germans pop.

2 Likes

An Aussie telling us that we have a mental health issue, that’s funny. ozzes are crazier than shit on a hot rock, they just aren’t married to the idea of sacrificing chillrens to the almighty trigger.

Try again.

Oh yeah we are straight crazy, I am in no way denying that. But that doesn’t mean some of you aren’t a little screw loose too, mang.

Lots of people are crazy these days, but guns have been around for a long as fuck time and in sane hands are just a useful tool. I am not sure people were shooting cannons back in the day into markets to prove how pointless life is then killing themselves to cap it off.

There is a deeper issue than owning a dangerous tool.

A couple year back we had a guy invite a cop into his house then put an axe through his head. This doesn’t make axes bad, it makes the dude rouge crazy.

Pop quiz, what is the average ratio of murders by knife to those by gun? You said the gun is only a “tool” well yeah, no shit sherlock, a tool of death, euphemisms don’t alter that. If you were and average guy would you imagine a close in and personal knife fight, or just poppin a cap in his azz?

Oh we are as well. I just don’t see what you think is the difference between our peoples.

As the great philosopher Garret Morris once said, “All white men are craazy”

In AU or US? Because in Australia our murder rate stayed bout the same the it just changed from shooting to stabbing deaths. So that ratio game won’t play the same across the board.

I willingly admit it is a tool to kill. Knives cut throats, and axes chop trunks, I could use a brick to build a house, or to cave a skull. Hell, fertilizer causes explosive growth or just explosions.

I do get your point though, you need a lot less balls to pull a trigger at 15 than to feel their blood drying on your skin as you feel them die.

They talk way worser than us.

No difference between people.

Difference between guns being the cause or the symptom.

I think a major issue is that by blaming guns you aren’t fixing the issue and it will just transform into a new issue as what happened here.

1 Like

I see, it’s past my curfew, I have to dial things down before bed check, laters m8t.

1 Like

Have a good one, mate.

Frankly I don’t understand how they can understand each other?

Beats me.

wut?

You need to hold a .1 blood alcohol level before the noises start becoming words.

2 Likes

I like the AR15 platform because it’s ergonomic with a huge aftermarket… but I’m also issued an M4A1, not that I ever use it… I’m a .50 gunner.

The 5.56 round is garbage and even the mil is switching.

1 Like

My experience with 5.56 have all been surplus and I have never seen two that fire the same. The spread is insane just because no two rounds were packed the same. But I am willing to say that they were just cheap bullets.

It actually makes a fair bit of sense for noobies to get a small cal modular system. But what makes it different to the media? A lot of guns have standard mod rails these days and they aren’t targeted the same way.

They paint AR15 like everyone who has one is training for a school shooting.

Good answer BTW.

They’re cheap and easy to get. They look scary… idk man.

5.56 in an M16 is a 2 MOA setup out to 200 meters and to 300 meters you’re at about 4 MOA. At 600 meters a slight breeze pushes the round atleast 6-8"… lol

Yea, if you could figure out a way to shoot 00 buckshot 600 meters it would have better ballistics than the 5.56

1 Like

I agree if we banned Assault Style weapons, meltdowns would just switch over to mass pointy stick killings.