Let me introduce myself

What, if I may ask, is good flaming? Serious question.

To me itā€™s subtle, original and understated. Itā€™s often calculated to pass just slightly over the targetā€™s head, so that the breeze from it rustles the targetā€™s hair but doesnā€™t muss it.

I donā€™t intend my answer to be definitive and I hope others will help with this definition.

Oh. So what you (think you do, but actually fail to) do in virtually every post to me.

problem with these boards is that too often people will drop A-bombs

like the situation with Caskur, for example

piss people badly enough and they go after you like rabid dogs

itā€™s beyond doubt that these boards will create long-lasting friendships that might even take real life

so itā€™s obviously that people will use it to vent and make a confession or even ask for advice sometimes

but soon enough, bad flaming will happen and people will use all of that to mess with you as much as they can

a recent example, Brent

He won the flaming title and asked for advice on online dating

when itā€™s time to defend said title, they will use that a billion times

[quote=ā€œLotusBud, post:103, topic:20137ā€]
Oh. So what you (think you do, but actually fail to) do in virtually every post to me.[/quote]

ā€œMisleading Vividnessā€ is a kind of hasty generalization that appeals to the senses, and thus is a kind of inductive fallacy.

Dude, itā€™s possible that youā€™ve smoked too much weed. This board is not really ā€œone of these boards.ā€ Both of your examples are good ones with respect to ā€œTHOSEā€ boards. But you ought to have noticed by now that these people have been a community for a decade and do not take such friendships lightly.

Holy crap. Just once, would you say what you mean instead of speaking in tongues? Are you saying that you donā€™t do that to me ALL THE DAMN TIME, and that I am exaggerating? Because if thatā€™s what yer saying, well, yer fulla shite.

Iā€™m going to stick my neck out and put in my two centsā€¦

Lotus. Spoon. You two are locked in a weird battle of wits. Itā€™s a fight of smarts and intelligent oneupmanship spiked with mild annoyance. I still feel a level of mutal respect in your disagreement. Donā€™t lose that.

I donā€™t see this place as a flame board and frankly, I find them pointless and boring. The shots fired (flames?) around here strike me as being much more light hearted and fun. That to me is good flaming.

1 Like

Please knock off the hyperbole, Lotus. I do NOT do ANYTHING all the damn time, not to you nor to anyone else. You are just thin-skinned around me for reasons Iā€™ve never discerned.

Bullshit. You have been goading me for ten years.

I agree.

May I remind you that YOU started it, on Vaporā€™s board, and evidently remain determined to come out finally on top. You could stop at any time, and I would follow suit. You could even have the Last Word, provided it was ā€œUncle.ā€

1 Like

WTF are you even talking about?

You have always goaded me, even when I am being perfectly civil. I think youā€™ve got some sort of issue, and it ainā€™t about me.

Fuck Iā€™ll do tit pics rn

For the record, Iā€™m not asking for pics nor do I have any intention of reciprocating.

Just sayinā€™.

You are so funny with trying to make people think there is something wrong with them when really youā€™re just sensitive, which as a fellow uterus owner, I can totally appreciate.

You werenā€™t here for nine years of his shit, so donā€™t speak about it, mmmkay?

Haha.

Lotus, do I know you under another nic ?

Thanks for atleast giving me a chance. Iā€™ll be on my best behavior

Iā€™m going to speak about whatever the hell I want, with or without your blessing. :)))

I just got nice pecs