Trump budget eliminates funding for earthquake early warning system

I missed some links so I’m a gaslighter?

Um…ok.

I was talking about your previous, excuse riddled post.

I’m not making excuses. I’m asking questions.

Bullshit. You’r haranguing. I answered the same questions multiple times, and referenced the links multiple times. You’re playing mind fuck games.

No, I just didn’t see the links you provided because I replied to your shit show post and missed the link post. That’s all I was looking for you hysterical spazz.

You’re a nutjob.

I’m not the one having a fucking meltdown because I was asked for some data.

You are a fucking gaslighter. A) You went through several levels of arguing with me before asking me for data. B) I gave you the data and you continued arguing for mulptiple posts. I MENTIONED the links to the data two more times, and you STILL continued to argue. C) I answered your other questions multiple times and you STILL continued to challenge me. Your challenge took three different approaches. D) You now claim that you accepted my argument re being outside. Really? Where’s that post? And if you accepted it, how can you then not accept that having two extra minutes to get outside would save lives?

You just want to argue, and then call me names when I get irritated with your bullshit.

So no one can ask you, an earthquake survivor, questions about earthquakes because you find any “challenge” upsetting?

Questions I asked:

1. How much warning do you get with one of these detection systems?
  2. What difference has a couple of minutes been proven to make?
  3. Isn’t it dangerous to be out on the street as well due to falling debris and such?
  4. What about in a city setting with skyscrapers, falling glass, concrete, etc?
  5. How is the warning distributed, especially at night?
  6. The thing is, if you know two minutes before a quake hits, you can get outside and step away from glass, power lines, and trees if you’re lucky. It’s way better than no warning. Infinitely better.
    7.Is there some evidence of this?
  7. I mean is there any evidence of the efficacy of early warning systems.

I think it’s pretty obvious that I was looking for some data and wondered if you had any (once again, I didn’t see the links which I have now read and didn’t answer my questions either).

1. The REAL question is do these systems buy enough time to do what needs to be done to justify the cost?

Now despite you personalizing this, NOT ONE of these questions was an attack on you. It’s just me looking for information on a subject.

Sure, Starling. I believe that. I gave you the info and you ignored it.

I didn’t see it and I apologized for missing it. It was an honest mistake.

So now that I read up on this, this is what I was looking for:

The Japanese EEW system successfully alerted several million people near the epicenter, providing 15–20 s of early warning, for the 2011 M 9.0 Tohoku‐Oki earthquake and tsunami

Protecting critical structures (e.g., hospitals, air traffic control facilities, schools, and businesses) through EEW‐automated controls allows them to remain operational and is crucial for long‐term resiliency. Earthquake‐induced secondary effects (e.g., fires and industrial accidents) are reduced through the application of computer‐initiated controls that can safeguard operations, transport systems, and lifelines…

So it sounds as if these warning systems are tied to automated services but don’t seem to buy people a lot of time to respond to an impending quake. The infrastructure piece alone should warrant implementation in a cost benefit analysis.

Oh, well, now that you’ve given it your seal of approval, am I allowed to diss Trump for not funding it, Master and Commander?

Next time, do your own damn research instead of being such an aggressive twat.

Asking questions about earthquakes is not being an aggressive twat. It’s being ignorant of earthquake systems and wanting more information.

You have a chip on your shoulder and read everything I say as some slight, even trying to understand if earthquake warning systems are worth the cost based on solid data, not just because some lady on the internet wants one.

I never said you weren’t allowed to diss Trump either. Sometimes these things that people think are good to have aren’t worth the cost. Surely that calculation crosses your calm, rational mind when you consider these things, right?

So, that’s why you first did multiple posts about Mexico getting $ from the US? Gotcha.

Yeah, I was joking in saying “California already bought one … in Mexico” he he he.

Sorry that one went over your head.

It didn’t go over my head at all. But if it makes you feel better to believe that…

You’re a gaslighter, and you can’t take it when you get called out on it.

It’s not true, so I don’t really care. What I get tired of is you constantly looking for a reason to jump down people’s throats, particularly mine. I hate having to repetitiously defend everything I say because you are insecure and constantly looking to be a victim.

You aren’t going to drive me away LotusBully. I made that clear the first week I started posting here.

Anyway, good luck getting your system. Trump is not going to fund it because he won’t see value in it because he doesn’t care if you Dem lovers live or die.