13 Degrees, High Winds, Blowing Snow

WTF… I didn’t sign up for this.

2 Likes

You’re out there near the frozen tundra of Troutdale!

1 Like

A friend is at the coast and it’s snowing there too and they lost power. Power flickered off here a few times but it’s still on, hope it holds out!

I lived out near 142 almost in Rockcreek area I had a couple room mates that had grown up out there, they talked about the cold always hits hardest out there compared to Portland

I had a surge here about a half hour ago, knocked wifi out for a bit

1 Like

Your peeps must further north, like Seaside or thereabouts. According to my weatherguesser my area won’t see freezing temps till 2 or 3 in the morning.

It always gets hit harder out here than downtown, the closer you are to the gorge tends to be worse I think. When the wind turns around and blows in from the east that’s when shit always hits the fan no matter what time of year lol

1 Like

maybe it’s just raining there and they lost power, they’re in Lincoln City.

If I lose power I’m screwed, I’m just going to huddle under a pile of blankets with the cats

2 Likes

Yup these cold snaps are usually cold air moving from Canada along the gorge

1 Like

Sometimes it will start blowing in from the east, through the Gorge during the summer, then it’s hot air and wildfire smoke usually.

1 Like

While you have power you might just see if there is a warming shelter nearby, just in case…but you’d probably be ok at home and bundled with kitties,

Definitely safer at home.

1 Like

keep your phone charged!

1 Like

yep, charged it right after it flickered off and on.

Keep warm guys! Stay safe.

I’ve been without power since Saturday night

1 Like

Yikes, they were without power in Lincoln City til yesterday afternoon. Hope it comes back on soon!

Power just came on about 20 minutes ago

3 Likes

This afternoon the lights flickered a couple times, then we lost power again…thank the Gods that it was restored about 2 hours later, inland is still a mess but should start improving according to the weather dude

1 Like