Car Camping Setup

Your food and you.

1 Like

Ain’t really a problem up there… but it can be in other places… how you gonna hang the cooler up lol and they can climb too

1 Like

I want one of these for clothes etc. but not for $54 that Amazon wants for it.

2 Likes

Fire ban goes in effect Friday, no more campfires this year.

1 Like

It’s probably for the best.

1 Like

True, most people are pretty careless.

2 Likes

Do you have a gas camp stove?

Just a little backpacking one, Considering buying a bigger “camping stove” for car camping though.

1 Like

They’re worth it for car camping, especially since you can’t start a fire.

1 Like

I was enjoying using the iron skillet in the campfire method of cooking.

3 Likes

Well, that’s old school and the best.

I remember my mom cooking breakfast in the early morning before a day out on the river…also the fish at night from the day’s haul.

Good times.

2 Likes

Can’t do it without a fire, but a neat thing to do while camping is too make up a meal like a stew type thing or almost anything, wrap it tightly in foil and toss in the coals for a while…i’m sure there are videos on it for next fall.

1 Like

I roasted some sweetcorn that way last time.

2 Likes

I saw something similar for Mt Hood earlier today… guess I need to get a shovel for the car.

While you are traveling through the forests and rural areas, unless you are on a state highway, county road or driveway, each vehicle must have:

One round pointed shovel which has a face not less than 8 inches wide and a handle not less than 26 inches long

AND

• Either one gallon of water or one operational 2½ pound or larger fire extinguisher. This applies no matter what the fire danger level.
2 Likes
1 Like

I was thinking about getting the roofracks and one of those big plastic cases that go on it.

1 Like

You should pick up one of these!

1937 Packard Motor Home.

https://www.rvtravel.com/1937-packard-motorhome-1083/

3 Likes

You might find this interesting. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I like the big tent I can stand up in and the queen sized home air mattress… I have my backpacking tent if I need a small lightweight setup.

1 Like