Garden Update 7-09-2014

Here’s what I picked today, the cherry tomatoes are just starting to ripen. Still no big tomatoes yet!

a Zucchini, a cucumber, about a lb of peas, a few cherry tomatoes and a bunch of peperoncini peppers.

A few pics I took the other night before the battery died.

Green beans, I had a few in stir fry last night but most of them are just starting to form beans.

Peppers

Some of the tomatoes are really loaded and the tomatoes are packed in there, wish they’d start ripening! .

Looks awesome! I had a couple of distractions the last couple of weeks and my tomatoes aren’t even in the ground yet. I will probably put them in tomorrow. They still look healthy though.

Are these from bush beans?

Yeah, I forget the name offhand, but it’s the big common bush bean everyone grows. It looks like my neighbor has some pole beans trellised up about 8 ft high and is growing about as many beans as I am in about 1/4 the space.

I’m starting to get quite a few decent sized onions too which seem to be hard to get from bulbs/sets. I saw a guy showing how he grows onions on youtube and he had some huge ones, he plants the small plants not the bulbs, that’s what I’m going to try next year.

I’ve also seen that clipping off the shoots of the onion 5-6" high causes the bulbs to get bigger, I tried it on one and it seemed to have made it bigger so I cut off quite a few more awhile ago.

You have a great garden. We grew onions from scallions…just plant the white part with the roots and you get a whole new onion from each one.

Around here you mostly find the onion “sets” for sale.

The scallions sound similar to the onion plants

It’s hard to get a large onion from the sets.

NICE!!! I just bought a home in the foothills and plan to do a little gardening. Red grapes are already planted, but I may rip those out.

Congrats. What foothills?

1 Like

He’s said where he lives several times…including when he debated you on the use of public transportation in LA.

You’re a self-centered nit wit.

I would probably leave them, wish I had some grapes. In California you probably want to build some raised bed boxes, plus they’re the way to go anyways. It’s great if you mainly work from home on a computer too, you can do an hour of work then go fuck around in the garden for an hour and get some exercise, sunshine and great veggies.

I am so sorry. I did not realize one had to buy a house in the same neighborhood in which one was already living. I must be losing my mind. There are lots of foothills in LA County. Lots of them. But stupid me. I am SO self-centered for being curious about where DM is.

1 Like

I think mostly you’re a hypocrite. You don’t share your information but you want to know shit about others.

OMG. First I’m a narcissist for asking him, now I’m a hypocrite for asking him. Oak, why don’t you mind your own god damned business. You are spreading your hate and misery all over the board, even when I am not talking to you. You’re a nasty little shit. STFU.

1 Like

Hey DM, I’m not asking you to tell me what town you are moving to. Just which hills. Generally speaking. But of course, if you don’t want to say, that’s totally cool.

1 Like

If I lived in Southern California, I wouldn’t be focusing on vegetables.

Yeah. I might should go into the business.

You chose to fuck with me for several days in a row not even a week ago and you accuse me of shitting on every thread?

What kind of sociopath are you that you’re unaware of your own fucking behavior?

So, no psycho I won’t STFU. You STFU meat flap.

I don’t think he cares for you very much.

Yet I’m sure he loves you. everyone loves you. You’re Oak Almighty.

1 Like