Getting my conceal carry license

Last night I heard someone let off like 30 rounds of full auto gunfire within a few blocks from here.

2 Likes

Could be fireworks, the idiots in my hood do that

1 Like

Could well be, but there is a lot of gun play going on around PDX these days.

Nah this was clearly a perfectly in time mechanical rate of fire… I’ve also gotten to where can tell if it’s like a 9mm or a bigger gun and kind of how close they are… been a lot of gun shots lately.

Sheesh.

I don’t know if ya’ll saw above where I was actually caught almost in between a shooting a couple weeks ago while taking a walk, that was really crazy, like a movie… didn’t even make the news, guess nobody got killed.

2 Likes

Can you move out of that neighborhood?

I could move to some other shitty part of Portland. :slight_smile:

Oh, yeah that sucks.

I don’t feel unsafe here especially now that I’ve got my own gun.

2 Likes

Have you owned a weapon before?

Yes, a few, this is the smallest caliber weapon I’ve owned.

2 Likes

Then you’re in good shape I’m guessing.

What caliber is that you have?

It’s a Glock 43x MOS 9mm

I was a little apprehensive at first to carry it cocked and loaded because it has no manual safety but I’m not anymore.

1 Like

That would make me nervous too, but they seem to be very popular.

2 Likes

My partner owns a 9 mm. Of course, we’ve always lived in low crime areas and he’s just paranoid. He thought Covid was gonna cause people to go batshit and start being violent, etc.

I was skeptical. Of course, nothing happened

2 Likes

I was a little skeptical at first of carrying it cocked with one in the chamber, since Glock’s have no manual safety… but it’s in a holster, the trigger isn’t going to get pulled unless you pull it, the gun has other safety mechanisms like drop safety built into it. And if you’re going to carry it the key is to be ready to use it if you need it… you might not have both hands available to cock it or the time to cock it.

2 Likes

For a lot of guys there was a violent incident or two in their past which often causes paranoia. Tramatic incidents can cause people to generalize. The ‘media’ doesn’t help.