Ordering seeds

from rareseeds.com… mainly just peppers and tomatoes, this is what I have so far… trying to find tasty stuff, stuff that will do fine in my area and heavy producers.

Black Plum Cherry Tomato
Brandywine Tomato
Cherokee Purple Tomato
Amish Paste Tomato
Italian Pepperoncini Pepper
King Of The North Pepper
Yellow Monster Pepper
Jimmy Nardello Italian Pepper
Emerald Giant Pepper
Craig’s Grande Jalapeno Pepper

Are your tomatoes determinate or indeterminate?

I’m pretty sure those are all indeterminate, I generally stay away from determinate ones.

It won’t be long now. I will check that place out as well.

I placed my order Friday night, got them in the mail today, pretty fast!

Shipping from china is fast these days - all them seeds come from china - fact

These came from Mansfield, MO.

But from China first

I doubt it, they’re an heirloom seed company and seem like a good one. http://rareseeds.com

Their seed catalog has at least 3 full pages knocking Monsanto… the little flyer that came with my order says…

“All of our seed is non-hybrid, non-GMO, non-treated and non-patented. We do not buy seed from Monsanto owned Seminis, nor are we members of the Pro GMO American Seed Trade Organization.”

Got my Territorial Seed catalog today.

Planning on growing both sweet and hot paprika this summer.

Fer the guy who don’t believe a fucking thing you sure believe all of this

They seem legit to me, and you know how skeptical I am. :stuck_out_tongue:

Strong enough trellises, you’ll have fresh tomatoes for months.

All our maters got the leaf browning and sich - even moved far away from where it was happening - still the same - had a real suck year and the year before

I dunno

Blight?

I need some 15’ stakes and a cherry picker.

@Bigdukesix For the tomatoes, I would try fertilizing them with urine about every other time they get watered… when I was using urine as fertilizer it seemed like it made the plants more pest and disease resistant, about one whiz per gallon, I’d also buy some soluble kelp, I got like a 1/2lb of it I think it is on ebay for like $12, enough to make 800 gallons of it, the plants love it.

Also you could try getting an aloe plant and squeezing in a teaspoon or two of gel out of the leaves per gallon, it’s supposed to help strengthen the immune system of plants. Good luck!

Thanks - I gotta do something - all the work gets throwed in the woods

Even been careful to throw it far away to keep the blight away fer next time

I’m not a vegetable gardener, so this may be a dumb question…

I’m wondering why you don’t just save some of the seeds from your harvested crop for next years crop? That would be truly heirloom…no?