Paradise Park or bust

Sunday through Monday… My homegirl and I have had this planned for awhile and we ain’t backing out… lol

1 Like

I guess the key to rain hiking is to just resign yourself to being wet and slogging through it. Then have some dry clothes to change into once you setup camp.

3 Likes

yeah, no other choice really

looks like drizzly rain in any case…

1 Like

REI has a big labor day sale…might want to check it out

1 Like

I just got some stuff delivered today. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have the equivalent of a hiking super hero outfit at this point lol.

1 Like

Check out the Sahara Shade Sun Hoodie… probably one of their best products and on sale.

I have a rain jacket but need a rain skirt/kilt because the thighs still get wet… they sure want a lot for one… I’ll probably just wrap a garbage bag around my waist this weekend.

Not crazy about the pastel shades. They’re not flattering on my skin tone. :grimacing:

1 Like

Me either, I bought a green guys one.

1 Like

I’m really excited for our trip tomorrow, leaving early in the morning… A little intimidated by the difficult hike, I’ve done it once and I definitely respect it. This will be the coldest trip I’ve done, which is fine as long as I don’t get hypothermia. I kind of know how to handle some rain if we get wet. Which it looks like the chances of keep decreasing and if it does do more than sprinkle a little it will be at night when we are in our tents hopefully.

Another thing I love about my friend is that she isn’t going to wuss out just because of some rain, we’d be going even if it were going to rain the whole time. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

pack a couple garbage bags jic.

3 Likes

lol I have a rain jacket but I’m taking an extra bag to make a hiking skirt/kilt to keep the rain off my thighs just in case… I put my sleeping bag and extra clothes inside garbage bags too…

1 Like

Sounds like one of those ‘blond privilege things.’ lol

When I was a boy my father took my family camping. It was torrential rain for 2 straight days. I had to dig a trench all around the tent to keep the rain away. It worked.

2 Likes

Wow what a brutal trip we just did… I think it got down to like high 30’s last night up there… and it was raining… luckily we got our campsite setup and ate before the rain started coming down so we weren’t soaked and cold we probably would have died lol. We both thought we were going to freeze to death… Then hiking back today was so hard, we both hurt so bad… it was raining off and on, cold and windy but you’re hiking so you’re hot.

Hiking up and down one side of zigzag canyon is fucking perilous on a good day let alone when it’s wet steep rock and mud… it’s treachorous. I take it slow and easy using the poles to try to maintain 3 points of contact on that shit… I did a James Brown slide on one knee for about 4ft yesterday in the mud, I’m surprised I didn’t get hurt at all… Going up and down that canyon is the shit my nightmares are made of lol.

2 Likes

Soon you may not be able to hike at all, at least not with anyplace with altitude above 2-3K ft

Yeah the alpine hiking will be a winter wonderland soon.

2 Likes

We were starving to death when we finally got back and had an expensive meal at Timberline Lodge. There were tiny snowflakes in the air when we got back.

2 Likes

Are you done for the season?