Putting together a memorial for my wife pulling up her best shots -- Then I found it

I’d never seen this before. it downloaded into some weird named folder in iTunes. I’ll have to dig for more. it was in some pics of fucking os Angeles. Again, honey, you went to Los Angeles? OK then. I found a pic I’d never ever never seen before and I was to put it mildly, gobsmacked. I know I talk up her photography a lot. This one is just beyond what people take. I can’t say for certain it’s L.A. but it was in with other pics of there.

8 Likes

Wow. That’s all I’ve got. Wow.

1 Like

Really gorgeous.

Could it be Israel?

No. She never went there

It’s not been retouched and I can’t get over the color difference in the two sides. How the phone wasn’t washed out by the light behind it is amazing.

That’s the shot of a lifetime!

1 Like

San Diego, this shot was taken in San Diego

2 Likes

Oh. Yeah. It’s very beautiful.

Got more?

When is the memorial?

Had the building/neighborhood memorial tonight and her publishing memorial last Wednesday. Both were exceptional events. A lot of people got up and spoke and the publishing one. They told great stories about her I hadn’t heard before. I didn’t spend time hanging around her while she worked so those were nice to hear.

The building/neighborhood one here at my place tonight was magnificent. 60-70 people came and we had scads of food people made or brought, lots and lots and lots of wine and so many great stories and really nice neighbors being fantastic. I put together a slide show on the large computer of her best pics and set it to nothing but artists or bands from Michigan. People were awestruck and I well knew that if people drink enough wine the universal music to enjoy life to is Motown. You know the songs, you can sing along, it just sounds like a fun soundtrack.

The event was from 5-8 but a few stragglers hung out and drank themselves silly and smoked a bit. Before she left – and this was certainly new after 30 plus years – a really nice gal who serves on the building board with me here was totally blotto and was the last one to leave and started hitting on me and getting a little handsy. Not tonight m’lady, just not that into ladies THAT drunk. Never have been…since college

7 Likes

She loved whimsy (Prague)

5 Likes

I think she absolutely did some of her best work in Prague

5 Likes

Prague is very photogenic.

2 Likes

Yes, and even so it looks like she had her way with it.

2 Likes

Saving this one for it’s own post

4 Likes

I see the Tombstones of Prague lack military discipline. Very sad.

2 Likes

Especially since you are standing on about the 2nd or 3rd story height of graves down to street level. They pick up the stones, fill in more dirt, and put the stones back, a stone could refer to a man 5 feet down or a woman 20 feet down below him. No place to go but up.

1 Like

Those pics of Prague make me want to go there. I’ve never been.

There’s nothing like an old cemetery. Great photo!

2 Likes

She was always more of a wine drinker. She’d drink the odd beer but it wasn’t going to be a Budweiser or Miller Light. She told me she drank a LOT of Pilsner Urquell in Prague. A lot of it. In big steins.

3 Likes

I had a different beer every meal in Prague. None were bad. All were for just about a buck. Big steins. Urquell of course being the original and archetype.

1 Like

Something I noticed as well going through her pics and something someone asked last night, I must have gobs of the same shot to get it right. The odd and perhaps a bit bold on Pam’s part is NO, there weren’t three shots of every shot in case you are a little off. She either got it or didn’t.

4 Likes