Clue:

Zendaya at the part 2 premiere

I guess if Star Wars ripped off Dune, then this is turnabout

Srsly

1 Like

R2Z2? Or SeeThroughPO?

Both solid but I vote #2

Herbert long and loud accused Lucas of stealing from Dune

Just got back from part 2. What a screwy point to end it.

How so? PM me if you don’t want to spoil things. I am aware of changes but the choices were acceptable for the most part to me.

War against the Great Houses. Chani and Paul estranged and her riding off into the desert. The “marriage” between Paul and Irulan undefined.

I know, it sets up part 3: but it’s still weird.

Besides, much as I usually prefer blondes, Zendhya is way hotter than Florence Pugh.

Ah yeah, well Paul did tell Chani he would always love her, but if he’d only explained the plan like he did in the book, she wouldn’t have run off. It made his declaration of love sound like a wistful, regretful thing. It’s yer typical teevee comedy trope… the situation in the sitcom wouldn’t come up, if only the characters communicated with each other. Part three would have been set up just as properly if these things were clear.

Dune part 3 is apparently in the works. My understanding is that he will take a break and come back to it as there is about a decade pause between the books Dune and Dune Messiah, which completes Paul’s antihero arc.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/news/dune-3-confirmed-the-saga-continues-as-legendary-unveils-new-chapter/ar-BB1l5MCG

Spoiler alert, this is from book #4, you guys probably wouldn’t understand