Sometimes you just have to share

This just stupefied me, even after listening to it twice in one day.

1 Like

she cud put her tulips on my organ! bahaha.

I know. She plays like a prizefighter.

You heard of this jam back in the day when you read Kerouac’s ‘On The Road’

Now dig Dex & Wardell.

this has been ear worming me in a pleasant way recently…

Brian Jones’ last great contribution, Mick said it was the last time that Brian was really engaged musically with the group…playing slide guitar.

(It has been rumored, that probably Keith had Brian’s work on this song made less prominent in the final mix, cuz jealousy)

SHIT I MISSED OUT ON DURING THE PANDEMIC DEPARTMENT

1. The Dixie Chicks changed their name

2. Check out the parade of names near the end of THIS

LaFave was an under-appreciated singer-songwriter in the Austin scene, died about 5 years ago. He attracted some attention for his cover of The Left Banke’s “Walk Away Renee” which I too find attention worthy. What is also not to be missed is his lead guitarist John Inmon, always in demand as a sideman, and still living in Nashville.

2 Likes

Jaco y Toots

Best Bass Quartet you’ll hear all minute. (Or is it a duet?) But I like it.

</repost/mea.culpa.exe>

1 Like

Just think, people could be walking by a future Nobel prize winner and not even know it. LOLOLOL

“Doesn’t play well with others”

3 Likes

This guy, like Joscho Stephan, is European but didn’t start out with Manouche swing. However, when the smoke cleared, Django is at the core of his music and he’s a fukin monster.

1 Like

What strikes me is that the first soloist did much of his jam with two fingers, in wasn’t until he was REALLY shredding that he started using his third finger. I dunno if that’s a thing or just his own method, but I am impressed af.

(later:) Oh shiznit, his 2nd solo he pulls out the pinky! And goes to town.

(even later: oh yeah, I shoulda waited until his last jam… fire)

The first solo is pretty much note for note what Reinhardt recorded in 1937, or possibly earlier since there are at least the '37 and '34 recordings. So it’s an extended quote, and as homage to Django he produces it as Django did, with two fingers and the knuckle of his third finger. Reinhardt’s left hand was crippled in a fire when he was a teen, and basically the two and a half fingers are all the left hand he had to work with.

2 Likes

and Django was a Righty, the me assumes?

So I understand. At any rate, he always played right handed.

1 Like